Many of you must be obsessed with your hair. Trying different haircuts and styling them becomes a passion. When you step out with a unique hairstyle that suits your appearance, it adds to your confidence levels, helping you perform better in any activity. However, you must maintain your hair at the right strength and texture to try different hair cuts and styles. If you have been looking for foods that aid in hair growth, here is a detail to help you out!
10 Foods for Hair Growth that You Should Consume
A balanced diet with healthy food helps you focus on overall well-being. Include these foods in your everyday diet to increase hair growth.
- Eggs - Protein is the building block of any cell in your body. Therefore, adding it to your diet can improve hair growth by strengthening the hair follicles. Eggs are also a good source of biotin, which is important for producing keratin, which is another hair protein. A lack of protein and biotin in your diet can result in hair loss.
- Salmon - Fatty fishes like salmon, mackerel, etc., are excellent sources of omega-3 fatty acids. Fishes also contain B Vitamins, D3, and selenium. It can help reduce hair loss and increase the density of your hair when included in your diet at regular intervals. Thus, it is good food for hair growth and thickness.
- Spinach - Spinach is one of the best foods for hair growth. It has several essential nutrients such as iron, vitamin A and C, beta carotene, folate, etc. When your body is deficient in iron, it will lead to a reduced supply of oxygen and essential nutrients to the body's different parts, such as the hair roots and follicles. Also, vitamin A will produce sebum which moisturises the scalp for consistent hair growth.
- Sweet Potatoes - If you are looking for a hair growth food that can also change your dry and dull hair and make it smooth, sweet potatoes are the right choice. It is a rich source of beta carotene. Your body can convert beta carotene to vitamin A which helps produce sebum that protects hair from drying out extensively. Further, it can speed up the growth of your hair, increasing the thickness and quality of your hair.
- Oysters - Zinc is an important mineral that helps cells fuel hair growth and function effectively in the repair cycle. Therefore, zinc deficiency can lead to extreme hair loss. And consuming zinc in high quantities can also affect your health. Therefore, it is recommended to have such foods good for hair that have zinc in your diet at regular intervals rather than consuming zinc supplements.
- Nuts - Nuts are a rich source of B Vitamins, essential fatty acids, and zinc. A deficiency in such nutrients can cause hair fall. As nuts are easy and convenient to eat, include them as part of your diet. For instance, almonds and walnuts are high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Berries and citrus fruits - Berries and citrus fruits contain many essential and beneficial compounds. It includes Vitamin C, which is rich in antioxidants that prevent hair follicles from getting damaged by the free radicals present in the body. Vitamin C also helps produce collagen to strengthen the hair and prevent it from becoming brittle and losing texture.
- Avocados - Avocados provide healthy fats and are a rich source of Vitamin E. It protects the skin, such as the scalp, from oxidative stress and further damage. A damaged scalp can result in the growth of fewer hair follicles and poor quality.
- Seeds - Seeds are less in calories while rich in nutrients required for hair growth. Sunflower seeds are rich in several B vitamins, and Vitamin E. Flax seeds and chia seeds provide the essential omega-3 fatty acids. Mix these seeds and include them in your diet plan to receive the essential nutrients without adding many calories while increasing hair growth.
- Meat - Meat is rich in protein. When your body does not have enough proteins, it will not fuel hair growth. It will also lead to the falling of older hairs. Red meat can also provide iron to increase the functioning of red blood cells. It can aid in hair growth, repair, and strengthening of hair. Avoid taking meat having high saturated fat for increased benefits.
While concentrating on hair growth for good health and increased confidence levels is required, it is also important to take financial initiatives to maintain your living standards to afford such healthy food. And, especially if you are an earning member in your family, it is your moral obligation to ensure sufficient financial resources even in your absence. And that is where life insurance policy plans step in as effective solutions.
When you buy a life insurance policy, you will get a life cover that will pay the sum assured to your family in case of your unexpected death during the policy term. In addition, insurers also offer comprehensive life insurance solutions to combine the benefits of life cover and savings. And Tata AIA life policy provides various flexible features to customise any product to meet your financial needs.
Hair growth with good thickness and quality is an important need. It helps you feel confident and healthy. You can find the essential nutrients for hair growth in different foods that you have just read. A balanced diet plan with these foods can increase your hair growth as desired. Avoid taking medicines and supplements when you can take such essential nutrients naturally for your benefit!