India began the mission of having a unique ID for all its citizens. Its objective was to implement one nation, one ID for all. Under this unique scheme, it became mandatory for Indian citizens to own an aadhaar card. With advanced technology, one can check the status online by updating their aadhaar card.
Online services are convenient as compared to offline modes. It offers transparency, ease of operation, accountability, and a lack of manual errors. You can make corrections to your aadhaar card under two categories: Biometrics and Demographics.
- Biometrics - includes iris scan, fingerprints, and photographs.
- Demographics - includes name, gender, address, email, mobile number, and date of birth.
Demographic changes can be made online, while you must visit the Aadhaar Seva Kendra to make other changes. Every applicant can check the status of their Aadhaar card online using your enrolment number.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status Online With Enrolment ID?
One can quickly check the Aadhaar update status online by visiting the official website of UIDAI. The provision of checking the Aadhaar update status online at UIDAI is free. Follow the below-listed steps to check the status of your Aadhaar:
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus
- Enter the Enrolment ID (EID) mentioned on the top of the update acknowledgement slip. Fill in the captcha code to check the Aadhaar update status.
- The status of the Aadhaar card would be showcased in the following format
- Draft Stage >
- Payment Stage >
- Verification Stage >
- Validation Stage >
How To Check Aadhaar Card Status Online Without Enrolment ID?
In case you have lost the acknowledgement slip or have forgotten the enrolment ID, you can still check the aadhaar update status online. Follow the below steps for the same:
- To retrieve your enrolment number, visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/retrieve-eid-uid
- Select the option to retrieve your enrolment number or Aadhaar number
- Enter the asked details like name, mobile number, address, and email id. A security code OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP correctly to verify
- Once you enter the OTP, the Aadhaar number or enrolment ID will be sent to your registered email id or mobile number
- Now, you can use the enrolment number to check the Aadhaar update status online.
How to Check Your Aadhaar Card Update Status Online?
To avail of changes in your Aadhaar card, you need to make a correction or update request. Updating the Aadhaar card can be done both online and offline. The process typically takes ninety days to have the update made or correction done. In the cases of Aadhaar correction or update, you can perform an online aadhaar card status check by following the steps below:
- Visit the UIDAI website - https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/CheckAadhaarStatus
- Enter the Service Request Number and the captcha code
- Once done, the update request status will display on the screen
How Can You Check the Aadhaar Change Status Using URN or Update Request Number?
Update Request Number or URN is a fourteen-digit number that generates once you finish updating your address online. Once you submit the update, you will receive an SMS with the URN number on your registered mobile number. The number format would be - 1234/12345/12345
To check the status of your Aadhaar card online, follow the below steps:
- Visit https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/checkSSUPStatus/checkupdatestatus and enter the URN number
- Enter the captcha code
- The following displayed screen will show you if your change request has been processed or not
How Can You Track the Aadhaar Address Validation Letter Using The Service Request Number (SRN)?
If you request an address update or correction for your Aadhaar card, you will receive an SRN or Service Request Number. The steps for checking the address update are the same as the URN. You would need to enter the captcha code and the 10-digit SRN number on the Aadhaar self-service portal.
How Can You Check the Aadhaar Status via a Phone Call?
If you do not have an internet connection, you can call 1947, UIDAI's toll-free number, to check the status updates. Once you call 1947, your call is transferred to the IVR. You should follow the steps one after the other to check the status.
For any extended updates or other queries, you can either speak to a UIDAI customer care representative or mail your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can You Check the Order Status of the Aadhaar PVC card?
UIDAI offers the facility of getting the Aadhaar card in a specialised PVC card form. The PVC card form comes with comprehensive security features for all. Once registered, it takes about fifteen working days for the PVC Aadhaar card to be delivered to the specified address in the Aadhaar database. You can easily check the status of the Aadhaar PVC card status online using the following steps:
- Visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/checkStatus
- Input the SRN and provide the correct captcha code.
- The Aadhaar PVC card status would be displayed on the screen.
An Aadhar card is one of the essential documents that you need for almost everything in the country. It is an identification document that provides all your information. While registering for savingslike life insurance in India, Aadhaar card is essential.
Tata AIA Life has been one of the most reputed names on the life insurance company checklist. It brings you excellent Tata AIA Life insurance policies to safeguard your life and invest your hard-earned money in the right direction. Make sure to study multiple policies elaborately before finalising the one that best suits your requirements.