A term insurance plan is deemed to provide financial security to your family in your absence. However, many people have looked down on it for it does not offer a maturity benefit like the comprehensive life insurance plans. Therefore, insurers have introduced the return of premium1 option to enhance the benefits of term insurance and satisfy the policyholders.
So, how does the return of the premium1 option work and what are the benefits? Let us delve a little deeper and understand the benefits of making the best use of the option.
How does a Term Plan With a Return of Premium1 Work?
A term insurance plan ensures a death benefit to your family in case of your unexpected demise during the policy term. In addition, the plan offers the return of premium1 option to get back the total premium amount paid when the plan matures, provided you survive the policy term, and it is not terminated either. The premium amount paid will exclude any additional premium paid for the riders# chosen in the policy.
Benefits of a Term Plan With Return of Premium1
Term insurance plan with return of premium1 provides a range of benefits that we may not be aware of. Here are a few pointers that help you understand the inherent benefits in a little more detail.
- Provides a refund of the premium paid - The term plan with a return of premium1 will serve as a financial product that can save your hard-earned money for fulfilling your commitments in the long term. You can use it to pay off debts, reserve it for your retirement needs, pay for your child's education, etc. It will reduce your financial burden at the later stages of your life.
- Ensures a life cover - While availing of the return of premium1 option, the life cover to ensure a lump sum for your family remains intact. In case of your untimely death, your nominee will receive the death benefit.
- Option to avail more sum assured or return of premium1 - With a term insurance plan, you can avail more sum assured as opposed to other comprehensive life insurance plans. Also, when you start investing early and opt for a longer policy term, the sum assured and the money amounting for the return of premium1 becomes even more.
- Affordable premium - You can consider the term plan benefits worth the investment because it is available at an affordable premium. It is the purest form of a life insurance policy that is cost-effective. If you save in term insurance at a younger age, you can benefit from even lesser premium rates.
Insurers consider your pre-existing illnesses and health conditions for understanding the probability of death risk to derive the premium amount. Therefore, you are less likely to have such medical complications at a younger age, which provides the benefits at a cheaper premium rate. However, in the long term, the accumulated premium can be a huge sum when you receive it as the return of premium1 benefit when the policy ends. You can use the online calculators to find the right affordable premium based on your income and family commitments when you purchase the online term insurance.
- Rider# benefits - The add-on rider# options enhance the term plan benefits by providing additional financial assistance.
Based on the rider#, you can get the benefit as a lump sum, income for a specific period or as a waiver of future premiums. With certain riders#, you can receive the return of the balance premiums when the policy ends.
- Flexible features - The term plan with a return of premium1 option provides various flexible features. With the Tata AIA life insurance term plan, you can choose to pay the premium regularly or for a limited period based on your steady flow income. Depending on your preferences and family commitments, you can decide on the frequency of premium payment, whether monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
There is also the possibility to increase the sum assured at different stages in your life. For instance, when you get married or are blessed with babies, you can increase the sum assured to cover up for the requirements.
- Tax* Benefits - You can also avail of tax* benefits for the term plan. The premium amount paid towards the term plan and its benefits qualify for the tax* deduction and tax* exemption under Section 80C and Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
We have discussed some of the major benefits from the term plan with the return of the premium1 option. However, based on the individual needs and financial status, you have to choose the options wisely and stay healthy for receiving the maximum returns.
Term insurance with return of premium1 is a product sought after for its benefits because it ensures a death benefit for your family in your absence and a refund of the premium paid as savings benefit if you survive the policy term. In addition, you can utilise the return of premium1 to pay for your liabilities, go on a vacation, etc.
The plan also offers the option to avail more sum assured for an affordable premium. And, based on your family's medical history, you can choose the riders# with the return of premium1 for additional financial support. However, the key to receiving such benefits to a considerable extent will be based on your healthy lifestyle, which determines your survival through the policy term!